Tenancy Water Usage Charges
To charge a tenant for water usage in NSW your property must have the following water efficiency measures:-
• all internal cold water taps and single mixer taps for kitchen sinks or bathroom hand basins must flow maximum flow rate of 9 litres a minute
• all showerheads must have a maximum flow rate of 9 litres a minute
• at the commencement of the residential tenancy agreement and whenever any other water efficiency measures are installed, repaired or upgraded, the premises are checked and any leaking taps or toilets on the premises have been fixed.
The other key factors relating to charging a tenant for water usage are:-
• A separate bill is received from the supplier for the usage charges.
• A separate meter
• The tenant is invoiced for usage, not later than 3 months after the bill was issued by Sydney Water.
• The tenant has 21 days to pay the usage bill once issued by Guardian Realty.
The other water efficiency measure to be aware of is:-
From 23 March 2025, all toilets are dual flush toilets that have a minimum 3 star rating in accordance with the WELS scheme.
If you have any questions, or need clarification on any of the above, please contact Anna Marten, our Head of Property Management, on 9651 1666 or email@example.com
Important note: Clients should not rely solely on the content of this newsletter. All endeavors are made to ensure the content is current and accurate however, we make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or currency of the content. Readers should seek their own independent professional advice before making decisions.