Tenants are just as important as property owners. We’ll always treat you with the respect you deserve and will do our best to solve any problems that may arise with the property you’re renting through Guardian Realty.
Your Property Manager can be contacted via the below:
If you need any URGENT maintenance, and you CANNOT contact your Property Manager, please refer to your Residential Tenancy Agreement, page 2 for contacts. Please also send an e-mail with any photographic evidence, which may be needed later.
An urgent repairs means any work needed to repair any of the following:
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- a failure or breakdown of any essential service for hot water, cooking, heating, cooling or laundering
- any fault or damage that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- serious damage from a natural disaster.
Examples of damage include:
- a burst water
- an appliance or fixture (such as a tap) that is not working or broken and is causing a substantial waste of water
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- SES (Storm & Natural Disasters): 132 500
- Sydney Water (faults): 13 20 90
- Gas Leaks -Jemena: 13 16 26
- Electrical repairs – Contact Electrics: 0476 640 073 or 0415 422 441 / Phoenix Electrical: 1300 237 426
- Plumbing repairs – Blacktown Plumbing & Hot Water: 9627 5447
- Glass repairs – Condor Glass Aluminum: 0416 017 075 or 0422 440 880
- Locksmith – Lockrite: 9086 9060
Always check with your provider to ensure the issue is not related to any outages in the area.
We ask that you email your Property Manager at Guardian Realty any maintenance issues pertaining to the property you Lease.
The email should include full details of the issue, for example if a hot water leak please advise the make/model/size etc, pictures of the problem and when it occurred. (Please do not SMS photos unless you are asked. SMS is not a form of communication that allows the Property Management Team to log your maintenance issues). In addition, your Property Manager could be on leave and no one will see the SMS.
Please email your Property Manager if your smoke alarm stops working or beeps in the same manner as reporting any maintenance.
Forms can be found below, for your convenience.
Maintenance Request (non urgent)
(For all urgent repairs, please contact your Property Manager directly, see above links)
Vacating Tenant Instructions for the Return of Keys
When vacating your property, all keys and remotes in your possession need to be returned to our office and the property left secured. If you are returning keys after hours – please ensure you follow the steps below:
- Place all keys and remotes provided to you at the beginning of your lease in sealed envelope. If you are unsure of what was provided to you please refer to your lease pack given to you or contact your Property Manager.
- Ensure the envelope has the property address written on it.
- Please the envelope in the letterbox located at the front of Guardian Realty office at 534 Old Northern Rd Dural. There is only one letterbox and it is on the glass wall entry to the stairwell of the building with the numbers 534 see below photo.
- Take a photo on your phone placing the envelope in the letter box and send to your Property Manager’s mobile so they are aware of the return.
Your Property Manager will then schedule a vacate inspection and advise you accordingly of the completion.
Any queries regarding the above, please call your Property Manager.
Lease Signing and Key Collection Procedure
On commencement of your lease, you will receive a copy of your signed Residential Tenancy Agreement, Ingoing Report with a USB (full report with photos), Instructions on how to pay rent moving forward, Company policy on Rent Arrears, Maintenance Instructions and copy of key register. This will all be ready for you to collect from our office on the day your lease commences in a lease pack.
We ask that you refer to this lease pack and read all documents, in particular the Ingoing Condition Report. This report needs to be reviewed by yourselves, signed and email back to Guardian Realty within 7 days. We note this report is used when you vacate the property and you must note anything on this report that we may have not noted. If you are unclear on how to complete this report, after reading the instructions, please contact your Property Manager.
If you cannot attend the office, the key to the front door can be placed in a lockbox located at the property with the balance of keys and your documents left in your lease pack on the kitchen bench. You will be sent a code to open the lockbox on the lease start date.
How to Open a Lockbox
- Dial (rotate) to find the correct 4 numbers in combination on the rolling display – these will be sent to you via SMS.
- Pull the small black lever down on the left side. This will open the box front panel.
- Your key will be inside.
- Close the panel and Guardian will collect the lockbox the following day.
Any queries regarding the above, please call your Property Manager